It’s time for a little spring cleaning! Did you know cleaning your AC coils will allow it to cool your home using far less power – six to 30 percent less!
Get signed up for your bi-annual (cooling & heating) Maintenace Plan and follow these easy steps to keep your AC unit in tip-top shape between appointments.
- First things first, shut off the power! It is important that you completely turn off the power to the unit before you do anything else.
- On your outdoor unit, remove the fan cage by using a screwdriver or wrench and then clean leaves and other debris from the interior.
- Now it is time to clean the fins. Remove the outer covers and use the brush attachment of a shop vacuum to remove all the outside dirt.
- Clean the area around the unit. Rake back any leaves or debris outside the condenser and cut back branches and vegetation at least two feet in all directions. This will help ensure proper airflow around the unit. Now, you have finished cleaning outside!
- Head inside to clean the evaporator coil. On the inside blower, find the coil door. Use a soft brush to dust off the coil and spray the coil with commercially available no-rinse cleaner. The spray will foam up and then drip into the drain pan. Clean out the drain pan with soap, hot water, and a little bleach. Then, pour a cup of 50% bleach/50% water down the drain.
- Lastly, replace your filter and turn the power back on.
Join our Maintenance Plan to keep your HVAC system running smoothly all year long. Our clients on maintenance plans have had a less than 2% failure rate over the last two years!
Included in the Maintenace Plan are two cleaning visits. We will come out once in the fall and once in the spring to make sure everything is in tip-top shape.
Visit our Maintenace Plan page for more information and benefits including 15% discounts on all parts and labor, priority scheduling, and more!