We have sprung forward and now it is time to spring into spring cleaning. Spring cleaning season is all about focusing on the spots you forget about the rest of the year, including your HVAC system. We found a great list of tips from Good House Keeping to help with cleaning and organizing your home, but don’t worry, we are here to take care of your HVAC system. Check out the tips below for your house cleaning to-dos and give us a call at 919-676-8882 to schedule your HVAC cleaning.
Easy Spring Cleaning Tips
Good Housekeeping Institute Cleaning Lab has highlighted the 33 trouble spots that could use a quick refresh as we head into spring. You can see the full list here but we have highlighted five of our favorites below.
- Windows – Wait for an overcast day and start on the shady side of the house as direct sun can lead to streaks. Start by washing your windows with glass cleaner, then lower the blinds and vinyl shades and dust with a duster. For the final step, vacuum fabric shades and drapes.
- Doormats – Keep more dirt off your floors and out of your house by using two mats, one outside the door and one inside. You can give these a refresh by hosing them off and letting them air-dry.
- Microwave – Place a large microwave-safe bowl with one cup of water and a chopped-up lemon, lime, or orange inside. Turn your microwave on high for several minutes or until the solution boils and the window is steamy. Then let the bowl cool for 15 minutes before opening the door. Remove the bowl and wipe out the inside and outside with a sponge.
- Cutting Boards – Run the cut side of a lemon over your cutting board to remove food stains and smells. For more cleaning power, sprinkle salt or baking soda on the board before you start cleaning.
- Shower Drain – To freshen your shower drain and help keep it flowing well, mix a half a cup of baking soda with 1/2 cup of table salt. Pour the mixture down the drain, followed by one cup of heated vinegar. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Follow by running hot tap water for a least 15 to 30 seconds.
- Furniture and Ceilings – Pull your furniture away from the walls and vacuum behind and underneath it. Then switch the upholstery tool on your machine to go over both sides of the cushions and underneath them. After you have done the furniture on the ground, it is time to look up and take care of the ceiling fans, hanging and recessed lights, moldings, and more. Grab an extendable duster to run over everything you can reach.
Don’t Forget Your HVAC System
It is important to prepare your whole house for warm weather, and that is where we come in. Give us a call today at 919-676-8882, to schedule your spring AC cleaning and learn more about how we can keep your AC unit running smoothly all spring and summer long at the button below.