While you are shopping and crossing gifts off your list, there is one person (or thing 😉) you do not want to forget to give a gift to this year… your HVAC system!
We know the holidays are busy and you are getting ready to welcome family and friends into your home for Christmas. It can be easy to overlook your HVAC system, so we have compiled a list of quick tips to show your HVAC a little TLC. As always, call us at 919-676-8882 to make sure everything is running smoothly or if you have any questions.
- Don’t deck the halls over your vents. Christmas trees, presents, decorations, these are all part of the holidays but you need to make sure you keep your vents clear. If you air vents are covered, they are not able to do their job which is keeping you and your family nice and warm.
- Replace your air filter. Air filters remove the dust and debris from your home that would otherwise clog the heating system. Follow these steps for selecting and changing your filter.
- Give the gift of a programmable thermostat. This is a great way to save money on your heating bill this winter and your cooling bill in the summer. No matter what type of thermostat you have, make sure to keep it clear of decorations. When your thermostat is covered, it is hard for it to accurately judge the temperature in your home.
- Don’t roast while you are carving the roast beast. Throwing a holiday party, cooking, or have lots of family staying over? It’s a good idea to lower the heat setting which will save you money on energy costs and keep your guests comfortable.
- Call Expert Expert Express. Christmas Day is right around the corner and though it may be one of the best days of the year, it is one of the worst days to lose heat! If your heating system seems a bit “off”, has a funny smell, is making an unusual noise, or just is not quite doing its job – call us at 919-676-8882 while it is still a small problem.